Nags Head Software
Multi- Computer Suggestions
HORSERACE does not support network linked computers using one Pari-mutuel pool.
However, you might consider the following approach to handle larger groups.
1. Have each bettor use a bet sheet (from the Update Horses screen).
2. Provide one computer for every 100 bettors. Each computer is a separate pari-mutuel pool.
3. For a possible 300 bettor crowd, designate the first computer as Computer A, the second as Computer B, the third as Computer C
4. Pre-enter bettor names A1 to A100 in computer A, bettor names B1 to B100 in Computer B, etc
5. When the bettor pays a cashier give them a card with a pre-assigned bettor number and write the bettor number on the bet sheet. The first bettor gets a card with A1, the second B1, the third C1, the fourth A2, etc.
6. Remind the bettor not to lose this card.
7. Each computer is a separate pari-mutuel pool. The total bets on each computer should be close to the same amount with. Payoff amounts will vary based on how many bettors pick a winner.
8. After the race, payoff the lowest winner on A, B, and C and continue until all winning bettors are paid.
* For 150 bettors set up 75 bettors each on 2 computers.
* Consider allowing only one bet amount e.g. $2 or $5. Limit of one bet sheet per bettor